With Microsoft Defender for Endpoint P1, customers will get the following core capabilities:
- Next-generation protection that includes industry-leading, robust antimalware and antivirus protection
- Manual response actions, such as sending a file to quarantine, that your security team can take on devices or files when threats are detected
- Attack surface reduction capabilities that harden devices, prevent zero-day attacks and offer granular control over endpoint access and behaviors
- Centralized configuration and management with the Microsoft 365 Defender portal and integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Protection for a variety of platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices
What is the difference between Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1 and 2?
Originally the license was called Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Now the license is called Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2.
In addition to all the features with already comes with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1 the following set of capabilities are included in Plan 2:
- Threat & Vulnerability Management that uses a game-changing risk-based approach to the discovery, prioritization, and remediation of endpoint vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Endpoint detection and response capabilities are put in place to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats that may have made it past the first two security pillars.
- Automated investigation and remediation offer automatic investigation and remediation capabilities that help reduce the volume of alerts in minutes at scale.
- Microsoft Threat Experts are a new managed threat hunting service that provides proactive hunting, prioritization, and additional context and insights.
What about the licensing?
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1 is available in Microsoft 365 E3/A3 or as a standalone license with a list price of 2.50 EUR per license per month.
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2 is available in Microsoft 365 E5/A5 or as a standalone license with a list price of 4.40 EUR per license per month.
If you have further questions, please reach out to our Software Team